At Forestream Dental in Buffalo, Dr. Larry Evola and his staff use Empress and Lumineers porcelain veneers for patients who request veneers with the goal of creating a bright, stunning smile.
These veneers are constructed of metal-free, translucent dental porcelain that by itself is brittle and easy to break. However, once cemented permanently to your teeth, porcelain veneers are just as strong and durable as your natural teeth.
There are other types of veneers, such as resin veneers, but Dr. Evola believes that porcelain veneers produce the best results for his patients.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
- Very little tooth enamel needs to be removed.
- Closely resembles natural enamel.
- Translucent properties of porcelain allow light to reflect as with natural enamel. Others types of veneers can appear dull.
- Last 10-15 years or more.
Disadvantages of Resin Veneers
- Finished product can appear dull and less natural-looking
- Lasts only 5-7 years
Because resin veneers are created right in the office, they are faster and less expensive than porcelain veneers. Based on his years of experience and reviews from patients, Dr. Evola does not think they possess as much natural-looking beauty as porcelain veneers.
Are You a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Dr. Evola has many options for restoring or creating a healthy and dazzling smile for his cosmetic dentistry patients, and porcelain veneers are just one of those choices. During your initial consultation with Dr. Evola, you can discuss whether porcelain veneers are the best solution for you and whether or not you are a good candidate for them.
Dr. Evola will evaluate the following to make that determination:
- Do you have healthy teeth?
- Do you have any active decay or gum disease?
- Do you have adequate enamel?
- Do you clench or grind your teeth?
- Do you have severely misaligned teeth or an unstable bite?
Once Dr. Evola finishes his evaluation and concludes that you are a viable candidate for dental veneers, you and he can schedule the rest of your visits and you'll have a brand, new smile in less than a month! For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page or email us to schedule a complimentary porcelain veneers consultation with Dr. Evola in Buffalo, Amherst, Lancaster, Orchard Park, or Williamsville, New York.