If you avoid going to the dentist because of anxiety even though you know how important routine cleanings and exams are to your health, sedation dentistry might be a solution that’s right for you. Sedation dentistry can be used for a wide range of dental procedures to help you relax and experience your dental visits free from worry and pain.
Sedation dentistry is a great option for patients who:
- Want to feel relaxed and calm during dental treatments
- Fear the treatment itself due to needles, drills, smells, sounds, or other stimuli
- Have tried using relaxation techniques and other distractions without success
- Need to undergo more complex or invasive treatments
- Have difficulties staying in a prone position or remaining still during the course of treatment
- Have a sensitive gag reflex
Sedation dentistry is most commonly administered by oral pills or inhalation. The strength and method of your sedation will depend on the procedure you are having performed, and your own level of anxiety. Dr. Evola and his experienced sedation dentistry team will work with you to carefully evaluate your situation and choose the best option.
If you live in Buffalo and want to know more about how sedation dentistry can help ease your dental fears and discomfort, please call 716-656-8686 to schedule an appointment today.