Now that you've read a little bit about Invisalign and are maybe thinking it sounds like a great solution for you, read more about how Invisalign aligners are created and how they move and realign your teeth. If you live in Buffalo, New York, or any of the surrounding communities, feel free to call us and schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Evola to determine if Invisalign will work for you.
How Invisalign works
Your first step in perfecting your smile with Invisalign is to schedule a consultation and appointment with Dr. Evola. Once he has determined that you are a good candidate for Invisalign, getting starting is pretty easy.
- Dr. Evola will take an impression, or mold, of your mouth and get it ready to send to Invisalign's lab. He will also map out your treatment plan on the computer.
- The impression is sent to the lab where a CT scan is taken and a computerized 3-D image of your mouth is created.
- CAD, (Computer-Aided Design) software, creates a model that simulates the movement of your teeth from now until your treatment is complete.
- Dr. Evola reviews the simulation and approves or makes adjustments to the treatment plan.
- The aligners are fabricated from medical grade plastic and sent back to Dr. Evola.
You wear your Invisalign aligners as instructed, at least 22 hours a day. Every two weeks you will progress to the next set of aligners. Each time you switch to a new set, you may notice a little bit of tenderness as your teeth start to move again. This discomfort is minimal and lasts just a day or two.
You can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush, floss, or for very special occasions. Dr. Evola will want to see you every four to six weeks to check up on your progress. Most people complete treatment in about 12 months.
After your treatment is complete, Dr. Evola may require that you continue to wear a plastic aligner or conventional retainer to maintain your beautiful new smile.
If you're convinced that Invisalign is the solution you've been looking for, call or email our office today to schedule your first consultation appointment. We'll answer any questions you have and get you started right away. Forestream Dental Group,serving Buffalo, Amherst, Lancaster, and Williamsville, New York, has many dental solutions for creating beautiful and dazzling smiles. Come and see us soon to find out what we can do for you!