Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers, are just one of the many tools in Dr. Larry Evola's toolbox of cosmetic dentistry. If you live in Buffalo or one of the nearby areas, Dr. Evola can give you a whole new smile with porcelain veneers in a fraction of the time other options, like orthodontics, may take. You can have a beautiful, confident smile in just a few visits.
Placed over the front of teeth to address several common cosmetic dental problems, each dental veneer is expertly shaped and shaded by our dental lab partners, enabling them to produce a natural-looking and comfortable feeling smile. If you are bothered by one or more aesthetic issue with teeth, we encourage you to call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Evola and learn if dental veneers are a good fit for your needs.
Please call Forestream Dental at 716-656-8686 to schedule your porcelain veneers consultation today. Located in Depew, Dr. Evola welcomes patients from all surrounding New York Communities including Buffalo, Orchard Park, and Bellevue.
- What are Porcelain Veneers?
- What Problems Can Dental Veneers Fix?
- Welcome to the Judgment-Free Zone
- What is the Porcelain Veneers Process?
- What is “Instant Orthodontics”?
- What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Financing Cosmetic Dentistry
- Contact Forestream Dental
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made of tooth-colored ceramic material that are permanently bonded to the front surface of the teeth. Veneers look and feel like natural teeth and are just as durable as tooth enamel, but have the advantage of being stain resistant, allowing them to maintain their natural and unblemished appearance for years when properly cared for.
Designing and placing veneers so that they look natural is a meticulous and difficult task so it's important that you choose an experienced cosmetic dentist, specially trained in dental veneers, to perform your procedure.
Caring for Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are cared for in the same manner as your existing teeth. However, because porcelain can be scratched, it is best to use a toothpaste that does not contain any abrasive ingredients. When you have porcelain veneers placed by Dr. Evola, care instructions will be provided to help ensure you get the most out of your new smile. And when you visit our office for your biannual cleanings and examinations, we can address any questions or concerns that may have arisen between visits.
With proper care, dental veneers can last 10 to 15 years or more. Porcelain veneers are just as durable as natural teeth but like natural teeth, they can be damaged. Actions that will break a real tooth can break a porcelain tooth, too. Be careful biting down on really hard objects or using your teeth as a bottle opener!
Veneers can be replaced individually as needed. Identifying those that may need to be replaced is often done during your routine visits with Dr. Evola. However, if you are concerned with the appearance of one or more of your dental veneers in between these visits, give us a call and we will get you in for an evaluation as soon as possible.
What common Cosmetic issues can Porcelain Dental Veneers treat?
Placed over natural teeth, dental veneers become the new “face” of your smile, producing a straight, evenly sized, and consistently white appearance to teeth that have been impacted by genetics, lifestyle choices, and other factors. Some of the most common reasons to seek dental veneers include teeth that are:
- Chipped or cracked
- Gapped or unevenly spaced
- Crowded or crooked
- Irregularly sized or shaped
- Missing enamel/yellowed or unevenly worn
- Severely stained
Because they are placed over existing teeth, veneers can address staining and discoloration that options like tooth whitening cannot correct. If your teeth appear mottled or ribboned from fluorosis, tetracycline, or childhood illness, dental veneers may offer the best solution for giving them a consistently white and evenly shaded appearance.
The best way to determine if porcelain veneers can address your specific concerns is through a free one-on-one consultation with Dr. Evola. Caring, experienced, and dedicated, Dr. Evola will take time to listen to your concerns, discuss all of your options, and help you choose the most effective way to perfect your smile.
Welcome to the No Judgment Zone
Forestream Dental is a No Judgment Zone. This means that, regardless of the current state of your smile, Dr. Evola and our caring staff will treat you with the respect and care that you are entitled to.
Very few people are born with a perfect smile. Even fewer can maintain perfection throughout their lives. At Forestream Dental, we offer a safe and caring environment where all of your dental concerns – aesthetic and functional – can be addressed without snide comments or scolding. We don’t know how your smile got to where it is and we’re not here to make you feel bad about it. All we care about is providing you with the exact treatment we would expect ourselves: professional, personal, effective, and without judgment. Call us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more.
Planning and Placing Porcelain Dental Veneers
Applying dental veneers usually takes about a month from start to finish and typically includes three appointments after your free initial consultation with Dr. Evola.
The four-step process for planning and placing dental veneers will include:
- The Initial Consultation. During your initial consultation with Dr. Evola, you and he can discuss your current dental issues, your desired result, and Dr. Evola's opinion on the best possible solutions to reach your goal of a beautiful smile. If you decide together that porcelain veneers are the best option, you can then schedule the rest of your visits.
- Preparing the Teeth. For your first porcelain veneer appointment, your teeth will be slightly shaved down to accommodate the thickness of the veneers before a mold (impression) is taken of your teeth. Dr. Evola will send the impression to our experienced dental lab partners who will then fabricate your veneers to Dr. Evola’s exact specifications. Dr. Evola will receive your custom-made dental veneers from the lab in about two weeks. While this may seem like a lengthy amount of time, the quality of your veneers is of the highest importance, making this step of the process essential for your ultimate satisfaction.Temporary restorations will be placed over your teeth while your customized dental veneers are being fabricated. These will be comfortable and natural-looking and will serve to protect your teeth against damage while your permanent veneers are being made.
- Placing Your Veneers. During your next appointment, your personalized dental veneers will be placed and adjusted until both you and Dr. Evola are happy with their appearance. Once the most beautiful results have been achieved, the veneers will be permanently bonded to your teeth, becoming a part of your smile and eliminating the cosmetic issues that brought you to our office in the first place.
- The Follow-Up Visit. The last appointment will be a follow-up visit to make sure that your veneers are properly fitted and feel comfortable to you. This visit will also allow you to ask any questions that have arisen and to make sure you are fully comfortable caring for your new, incredibly beautiful smile.
Minor malocclusion (bite issues) such as gaps, crowding, crooked presentation, and unevenly sized teeth can be addressed with dental veneers, which has resulted in the process being called “instant orthodontics” in some cases. Instant is, of course, relative as the placement of porcelain veneers takes about a month. However, in comparison to orthodontic treatment – even faster options like Invisalign® – dental veneers offer results in a fraction of the time.
It is important to remember that veneers cover, but do not correct, malocclusion and will not be a good alternative for people with more pronounced bite issues. Dr. Evola offers a range of traditional orthodontic treatments for these problems, including clear braces, to ensure our patients are provided the most effective treatment for their needs. During your free consultation, Dr. Evola will take all the time necessary to determine which service or services will be the most effective for your smile.
A Review of the Benefits Offered by Porcelain Dental Veneers
There are several benefits offered by dental veneers. Some of the most compelling are:
- Instant gratification (almost). Porcelain veneers are a relatively quick way to create a dramatically different and beautiful smile. Because they cover your existing teeth, they can cover small defects like misalignment, crookedness, and stains, without extensive and time-consuming orthodontic correction.
- Stain-resistant. Porcelain is highly resistant to staining. With proper oral care and regular dental checkups, your veneers will stay beautiful and white for many years to come, even if you drink coffee, tea or wine regularly. They are also resistant to nicotine staining.
- Durable. Before being placed over your teeth, porcelain dental veneers are very thin and easy to break. But once placed correctly and bonded to the front surface of your teeth, they are as strong and as durable as your natural teeth. With proper care, dental veneers can last for 15 years or more.
Can dental veneers fix your smile? Call us today or use the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation and find out.
Paying for Porcelain Dental Veneers
We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards as payment for dental veneers. We also understand that these options are not attractive to everyone and are pleased to work with both Springstone and Enhance Patient Financing, dental financing companies that offer competitive rates and flexible payment plans for people for whom paying out-of-pocket is unappealing. During your initial consultation, we can discuss all of your dental veneer financing options to help make sure you are selecting a payment plan that will work for your budget and your needs.
We strongly believe that everyone is entitled to a strong and beautiful smile. If finances are holding you back for achieving the smile you deserve, call us for a free consultation to discuss all of your options today.
Contact Forestream Dental for a Free Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
If you are ready to learn which cosmetic treatment will be best for your smile, call Forestream Dental at 716-656-8686 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Evola. We welcome patients from Buffalo, Orchard Park, and throughout the world at our Depew, New York location.