Porcelain veneers are just one of the many "tools" in Dr. Evola's "toolbox" of a cosmetic dentistry. If you live in Buffalo or one of the nearby areas, Dr. Evola can give you a whole new smile with porcelain veneers in a fraction of the time some other dental work, like orthodontics, may take. You can have a beautiful, confident smile in just a few visits.
If you have any of the these problems, dental veneers may be the best solution to give you a dazzling, bright smile in the very near future:
- Chipped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Teeth with gaps between them
- Damaged teeth
- Stained teeth
- Crooked teeth
What are Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin layers of ceramic material that are permanently cemented to the front surface of your teeth. Veneers look like natural teeth and are just as durable. They are custom-made for you and color-matched to your surrounding teeth.
Designing and placing veneers so that they look natural is a meticulous and difficult task so it's important that you choose an experienced cosmetic dentist, specially trained in dental veneers, to perform your procedure.
How the Porcelain Veneer Process Works
Applying dental veneers usually takes about a month from start to finish and typically includes three appointments after you initial consultation with Dr. Evola.
- During your initial consultation with Dr. Evola, you and he can discuss your current dental issues, your desired end result and Dr. Evola's opinion on the best possible solutions to reach your goal of a beautiful smile. If you decide together that porcelain veneers are the best option, you can then schedule the rest of your visits.
- For your first porcelain veneer appointment, your teeth will be slightly shaved down to accommodate the thickness of the veneers and then a mold, or impression, will be taken of your teeth. Dr. Evola will send the impression to a dental lab, which will then fabricate your veneers. Dr. Evola will receive your veneers from the lab in about two weeks.
- During your next appointment, the veneers will be temporarily placed on your teeth, and adjusted until both you and Dr. Evola are happy with them. Then they'll be permanently cemented to your teeth, becoming a part of those teeth.
- The last appointment will be a follow-up visit to make sure that your veneers are properly fitted and feel comfortable to you.
If you don't smile as often as you want to because gaps or crooked teeth embarrass you, help is just around the corner! Call or email us today to schedule your complimentary dental veneers consultation with Dr. Evola in the Buffalo, Amherst, Lancaster, and Williamsville, New York area.